Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Challenge: Water Only

One of my friends and long distance fitness buddies issued a challenge to me and some of our friends. The challenge is to only drink water for the month of March. After some bullying from her side I agreed to accept this challenge. On the surface it seems easy because I generally do only drink water. The thing I didn't take into account was that by doing this I will also be giving up caffeine. Now I'm not some caffeine junkie but I do often have a cup of coffee or green tea in the morning to jolt myself awake help me make it through the day. This just means that I may need to seriously work on getting more sleep so that I won't need the caffeine anyway.

I don't know how much of a difference drinking only water will make but I'm certain that it will at least cut out a couple hundred calories a week that I get from various drinks. I also won't be ingesting any unnecessary chemicals from those diet sodas I like. The one exception I'm making is that I will not include my breakfast smoothies in this "water only" challenge. I don't believe that counts as a drink since it is being used as a meal replacement.

Will I make it? I think so. I've decided that everything comes down to willpower. While that is a simplification I believe it to be true. I'm making the decision to have the willpower I need to accomplish this and other challenges. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Paul said...

You can always cheat and get your caffeine from food.